Be aware that there are risks in boating and watersports that good judgment and personal awareness can help reduce.
TO INCREASE YOUR ENJOYMENT OF WATERSPORTS, FOLLOW THE TEN ELEMENTS OF THE CODE.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO:
• ALWAYS familiarize yourself with applicable laws, waterways and inherent risks
• ALWAYS have a capable observer in addition to driver and agree on hand signals
• ALWAYS wear a USCG type III, ISO or other agency approved (PFD) life jacket
• ALWAYS read user’s manual and inspect equipment before use
• ALWAYS ski or ride under control, at proper speeds and within your limits
• ALWAYS turn ignition off when anyone is near watercraft power drive unit
• ALWAYS stay clear of engine exhaust to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning
• NEVER “Platform Drag” or touch swim platform while the engine is running
• NEVER ski or ride near swimmers, shallow water, other boats, or obstacles
• NEVER operate watercraft, ski or ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Water Sports Industry Association For more resources please visit the Water Sports Industry Association